VALA (Vermont Assessors and Listers Association) is a nonprofit, professional membership organization comprised of municipal assessing officials and affiliates that are involved in the management of property assessment. VALA was founded in the 1970’s with an ever-growing membership of more than 200+ members. VALA is dedicated to meeting the needs of Vermont’s Assessors and Listers.
Our objectives are to train and educate to improve the standards of assessment. We provide a clearinghouse for the collection of information as well as a unified voice in the Vermont Legislature.
The VALA leadership is dedicated to improving the quality of assessment and professionalism in our local industry. As well as growing our presence in legislative affairs by working with local officials, state officials and state representatives to provide expert voice to state government on assessment issues.
VALA has the following objectives:
- Train and educate to improve the standards of assessment
- Provide a clearinghouse for the collection of information
- Provide a unified voice in the Vermont Legislature
VALA activites include:
- Board of Directors Bi-Monthly Meeting *open to the public!*
- Annual Membership Meeting
- Publication – Minutes of Board Meetings
- Michael P. Cyprian Lister of the Year Award
- Educational Seminars/Workshops
- Quarterly Newsletter