April 2 - April 3
$100.00 discount per each registration for this event: The Coupon Code is ELS100 (ALLCAPS). This code is limited to new registrations only and is only valid until registration is full.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to develop skills needed to navigate an assessment office of the future.
Registration is now open for IAAO’s second annual Emerging Leadership Summit, set for April 2-3, 2020, at Cook County offices in Chicago. The Summit is designed to provide a powerful professional development opportunity for emerging leaders who have a desire to advance their careers in the assessment industry.
Participants will develop the skills needed to navigate the unique dynamics of a typical assessment office and discover leadership tools needed to guide an assessment office into the future. Cook County Assessor Fritz Kaegi will present on “Courage and Leadership Strategies.”
- Emotional intelligence
- The role of technology in leadership
- Conflict resolution (Including managing complaints as outlined in Apendium Knowledge Area 6)
- Public speaking and effective communication skills (Including public relations and communications as outlined in Apendium Knowledge Area 7)
- Personality assessment
- Leadership challenges and strategies (Including leading and managing the assessment office as outlined in Apendium Knowledge Area 5)
- Participants will learn through a combination of interactive lectures, group discussions, active-learning exercises and panel discussions.
Who should attend?
ELS is designed for early to mid-career managers who have a desire to advance within the assessment profession. Early to mid-level managers in their first or second leadership roles are ideal attendees.
Attendees will come away with a new network of peers and colleagues with a shared purpose who can support each other in their careers long after the summit is over. Many of the programs will tie into the IAAO Apendium series of books on property assessment knowledge, available through Amazon.
Check out the program agenda Cook County Assessor’s Office, 118 N. Clark Streetfor more information on the program. The meeting will take place in Chicago at the Cook County Assessor’s Office, 118 N. Clark Street, and IAAO has reserved a block of rooms at the Kimpton Hotel Allegro, a block away.
Check out the Registration & Hotel page for more information regarding registration, hotel rooms, continuing education credits, and potential scholarship funding for the event.
Senior Membership Services Manager
International Association of Assessing Officers
314 West 10th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105-1616